Uttarakhand is considered as Land of god or devbhoomi and sub-divided into 2 divisions Kamoun Division and Garhwal Division , there are 13 districts of Uttarakhand. The state is one of the well known tourist destination all over the World.
- Nainital : Nainital district is the district of Uttarakhand state, India. North side is bounded with Almora District and South side is Bounded with Udham Singh Nagar district. There are several cities and town in Nainital district. Haldwani is the largest town in Nainital District. Lalkua, Bhimtal, Nainital, Haldwani, Kaladhungi, Ramnagar, Bhowali, Ramgarh, Mukteshwar, Gohrakhal, are some cities and towns included under Nainital district. Nainital is the beautiful picturesque location and visited by about 10, 000 tourists in a year, there are various tourist destination in Nainital District including Jim Corbett national park, Kilbury, Ramgarh etc
- Almora: Almora is the district in kamoun division of Uttarakhand state. Almora is surrounded by Pithoragarh from the east, Garhwal region to the west, Bageshwar District from the north, and Nainital district to the south. Almora is also the best tourist destination of Uttarakhand. There are a various tourist destination and tourist attraction places in Almora. There are 9 tehsils in Almora district including Almora, Ranikhet, Bagnoli, Sult, Dwarahat, Chaukutia, Someshwar, Jainti, Bhikiyasen.
- Pithoragarh: Pithoragarh is the Himalayan district in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Pithoragarh district is divided into six tehsils: Pithoragarh, Didihat, Gangolihat, dharchula, berinag, Munsiyari. Pithoragarh is widely named as ‘Little Kashmir’ . Due to its valley location, Pithoragarh is relatively warm during summer and cold during winter. Pithoragarh is a very famous place for tourist destination and for adventure activities like Trekking, River Rafting, Skiing, Paragliding, Fishing etc.
- Udamsingh Nagar: Udamsingh Nagar is the district located in Uttarakhand state. The headquarters of the district is Nainital. The district is divided into various tehsils namely Rudrapur, Bajpur, Gadarpur, Jaspur, Kashipur, Kiccha, Khatima, Sitarganj, Nanakmatta. There is various tourist destination in Rudrapur including temples, offbeat attraction places, heritage site etc.Tourist can visit Udamsingh Nagar any time of the year.
- Tehri Garhwal: Tehri Garhwal is one of the largest districts of Uttarakhand State. The headquarters is located in New Tehri. From the east it is surrounded by Rudraprayag district, Dehradun district from the west, Uttarakashi district from north, Pauri Garhwal from the south. There are several tourist destinations in Tehri Garhwal, some of them are following: Tehri Dam, River Rafting, Trekking, Chamba, Dhanaulti, Rafting etc.
- Rudraprayag: Rudraprayag is one of the district in Uttarakhand state of northern India. Tehsils in Rudrapryag district are Jakoli, Rudraprayag, Ukhimath. Rudraprayag is the ideal tourist destination. The climate of Rudraprayag is pleasant during summer.
- Bageshwar: Bageshwar district is located in the Uttarakhand State of India. The district was established in the year 1997, prior to this Bageshwar was the part of Almora district. Bageshwar is known for its scenic beauty, hills, temple, and environment, the headquarters of Bageshwar district is Bageshwar itself. Summers are warm and Winter are bitterly cold in Bageshwar. Some of the river flowing in the district are Pindar, Gomati, Saryu etc. Bageshwar is one of the ideal tourist spots, it is also considered as the land of Gods and while visiting the temples the tourist realizes the presence of God.
- Chamoli: Chamoli is the hill district in Uttarakhand. It is the second largest district of state Uttarakhand. It is the district of Garhwal division. It is bonded with Bageshwar from east, Rudraprayag to the west, Tibet region to north and Almora to south. The tehsils under Chamoli district are Chamoli, gairsain, Joshimath, Karnaprayag, Pokhara, tharali. Gopeshwar is the headquarters of Chamoli District. There is variety of pilgrimage and tourist destination in Chamoli district including Valley of Flowers, Badrinath, Auli and Hemkund Sahib. There is the pleasant climate all over the year in Chamoli
- Champawat: The Champawat district constituted in the year 1997 is the district of Uttarakhand state in northern India. Champawat district of Uttarakhand State is divided into 5 tehsils namely: Champawat, Barakot, Champawat, Lohaghat, Pati, Purnagiri. There is lack of sightseeing and tourist destination in champawat district but for devotees, it is the ideal place there are several temples in champawat district one of the well-known temple purnagiri is visited by various devotees every day. It is bounded on the east by Nepal, on the west by Nainital district, on the south by Udham Singh Nagar district, north by Pithoragarh district.
- Haridwar: Haridwar is the district in the Uttarakhand state the headquarters of the district is Haridwar, It is also the largest city in the district. Haridwar is also considered as Gateway of God, It is famous pilgrimage site and well known all over the world. Roorkee, Hardwar, Laksar are the tehsils in the district Haridwar. There are various tourist and pilgrimage destinations in Haridwar district also it is famous for various adventure activities.
- Dehradun: Dehradun is the one of district of Uttarakhand State. Dehradun is also the capital of the state Uttarakhand. It is the second most populous city after Haridwar of the state. Dehradun district is divided into 6 tehsils, these are as follow Dehradun, Vikasnagar, Rishikesh, Chakrata, Kalsi, Tyuni. Dehradun is the headquarters of the district. It is also named as Education hub of State Uttarakhand. Dehradun offers various tourist destinations and sightseeing.
- Pauri Garhwal: Pauri Garhwal is the district of State Uttarakhand. The headquarters of the district is in Pauri.Lists of tehsils under Pauri Garhwal district are Kotdwar, Pauri, Thalisain, Lansdowne, Srinagar, Yamkeshwar, Satpuli, Dhoomakot, Chaubattakhal. Some of the major tourist destination in Pauri Garhwal are Lansdowne, Kotdwar, Srinagar, Rudranath, Garhwal, Pauri etc. The Climate of Pauri Garhwal remains pleasant in summer and winter. Tourist can enjoy snowfall in winters.
- Uttarkashi: Uttarakashi is the district of State Uttarakhand IIt lies under Garhwal Division, the headquarters of the district is Uttarakashi City. there are six tehsils in the city named as follows: Barkot, Bhatwadi, Chinyali Saur, Dunda, Purola, Mori. Uttarkashi means the Kashi of the north. Summers in the district are much rainier than Winter.
These are the 13 beautiful districts makes Uttarakhand a well known state. There are various temples, adventures ,natural beauty, scenic views, sightseeing makes uttarakhand a perfect and ideal place of tourist destiantion.